Tuesday 4 February 2014

Shahnaz Hussain Forever Sunscreen review

Oh god I have so much been into DIY mode right now. But sunscreens are important thing in my life. I own sunscreens from many brands and still I buy them more. If one day I dont apply my sunscreen, my skin gets tanned easily and I regret about it later on.

What the company claims about this tube- this water resistant/ sweat resistant sun block cream is specially designed to provide broad specturm protection against UVA & UVB radiation. It contains sunflower oil and extracts of indian madder cucumber seed,Himalayan Wild Cherry, which are multi antioxidants and natural rehydrants, providing intensive moisturisation and nourishment to the skin. Keeps the skin soft, youthful and radiant,with an even colour tone. Easily absorbed, it leaves no visible residue on the skin surface. Can be used by all skin types, but more suitable to normal to dry skin.Method of Use-Apply evenly on face and exposed areas 20 minutes before sun-exposure.


Ingredients
Purified Water, Ricinus communis Oil, Kaolin,Methylene Bis-benzotriazolyl Tetramethylbutylphe, Zinc Oxide, Emulsifying Wax, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Rubia cordifolia Extract, Cucumis sativus Seed Extract,Parfum,Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Price-Rupees 170 for 120 ml. Umm thats nice.

My experience- this sunscreen comes in a yellow tube with a very hard to use cap. I brought this sunscreen because it was herbal and secondly it came from a famous brand. The texture of the cream is very hard and creamy. It takes ages to get absorbed in my skin and also makes me look white.Although I have no problem with its working part because its very effective and its water resistent also. People with dry skin can use this but I would not be suggesting it to oily skin. It was too much heavy for my face. Regarding the price I think its reasonable as compared to other herbal sunscreens in the market. It has got a very faint smell of cumumbers which I dont like. I apply it only when I run out of my other sunscreens otherwise its a skip for me.

Pros
1. Herbal sunscreen
2. Good price
3. Did not break me out.
4. Travel friendly
5. Works effectively andalso its water resistent.
6. Spf 40 for a sunscreen is a pretty decent thing.

Cons
1. Contains parabens
2. Very heavy texture
3. Takes ages to blend in my skin
4. Bad fragrance
5. Gives a white texture which looks bad.

Overall I give it a 3 out of 5. Since I got impressed with its ingredients,I brought it but otherwise I have no love for this baby.





1 comment: